Apply to be a Club Coach!
Updated Date: 2020-11-14
How can I apply my successful club coach credit toward a DTM?
Any member who successfully completes their role as a club coach can apply this credit toward an ALS in the traditional program or a DTM using the Pathways education program. The club support role of club coach may be included in the award submission by any active club officer through Club Central or by faxing or emailing the appropriate application to email@example.com.
For a club coach who reaches success by June 30, 2020 or June 30, 2021, their credit can also count as credit for having served in a district leader role.
Special notes for the club coach double credit for club support and district leadership:
1. This only applies to roles successfully completed on June 30, 2020 or June 30, 2021. Any club coach roles successfully completed prior to this do not qualify.
2. This double credit can be applied toward any DTM, whether it is a first, second or third, etc.
3. This double credit does not expire. It may be used now or anytime in the future, including for an award after July 2021.
4. This dual credit for club support and district leader can be applied toward two separate awards. As an example, the club support role can be applied to a traditional program ALS (until the traditional education program ends in June 30, 2021) and the district leadership credit applied toward a Pathways DTM.
5. While club coaches during this period will be given credit toward a district leadership role, this credit and role will not affect their eligibility to compete in speech contests.
To apply the additional credit for district leadership, a club officer will need to complete a copy of the appropriate education award application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions containing the additional credit for district leadership cannot be processed online through Club Central.